My instaphotos

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Michael & Guys review

On the 25th of July, I got some ecstatic news: I was the winner of a RM500 hair voucher from Michael & Guys! Won it from 8tv's 8team :D :D


So I immediately went and made an appointment for the 1st of August, the day after my internship ends, anticipating a joyful time at a new hairdo and hair color. I downloaded and screenshot hundreds of photos under "I want" and "kind of like this" to "definitely not".
I WANNA BE A REDHEAD!!

yea baby! come gimme your hairrr

or the sweetie japanese/korean hair?

this is under "definitely not", too red, too..meh.
My experience at Michael & Guys was.....meh.
Read on to find out why :/

Firstly, I was under Michael & Guys head hairdresser, Ms Callie Goh who was in charge of giving me my "makeover". I went in and they had one other customer, which was normal for a weekday at such an early hour (11.30am) but had to wait for another 15 minutes because Callie wasn't there yet. Well, that comes with being the boss, I guess!


Then Callie came and invited me to sit and enquired as to what I wanted to do to my hair.

"erm..a trim and coloring?"

"Alright!"

Callie was one of the few hairdressers I've seen who could converse confidently in English, and made an effort to emphasize it to me as well, hehe. Surprisingly, she was a Christian as well, and so we took to talking about her cell group and her being a new Christian.

I was extremely pleased with the haircut that she gave me, before that my hair was thick and lanky and dull, I guess, but she added layers and chopped off hair the volume of my hair (T.T) and it ended up looking fabulous.

The hair coloring job, though...was kind of a disappointment :/ I told Callie that I want reddish-brown hair, "with more red", but the color turned out splotchy and uneven. She told me that i should use color saving hair products and that "after a few washes" the brighter colors would wash off.

after the hairdo, otw home-took a pic and
realized my hair looked BLACK!

taken the day after my hair "makeover", see the uneven hair color?

After 6 washes now, my hair color is still uneven *sad
Plucking up courage, I called the salon to ask if they would fix the unevenness of it. First, the girl who answered said she couldn't do anything about it and I better call the boss herself to talk to her (and nope, of course I have to call her myself--communication breakdown, anyone?) since I was a sponsor case and not a paying customer.

my hair at this moment, doesn't look as if it just got a dye job, eh? :/
 So I texted Callie and she promptly called me back to tell me that it was most likely because (1) I didn't use hair color protecting products she recommended (I assured her I did) or that (2) my hair color was already uneven when I came in to color it. Which made me very unsatisfied -.- Why would I go for a hairdye if my hair was evenly colored and perfect in the first place =.=

SIGH. What to do. At this time I was already sure that she was clutching at straws and that she wouldn't fix the hair that her salon colored unevenly in the first place. I guess I was lucky, Callie even offered to do my hair again in another month, so long that I was a paying customer (her kind offer included a trim+color+treatment at RM198 at student rates: so I'm guessing my asking for just a trim + color using my RM500 voucher saved some for their salon?)

Being the bigger person, I decided to let it go.
By writing this blog post *evil smile.

CHEERS!

enhanced it a little to pretend I have red hair :x







No comments:

Post a Comment