My instaphotos

Sunday, June 3, 2012

missailing

hey y'all.
first of all, i would like to announce that missailing, aka msailing.blogspot.com, is officially up and running! *pause for cheers and applause*



if you're wondering why the name missailing was chosen, wellllllllll..my mum used to call me that (well now she still does once awhile) when she was in a good mood/ trying to weedle something (usually a chore) out of me/ role acting as my maid after doing my laundry, and i guess it stuck with me then, hehe!
i mean, who doesn't want to be called a MISS once (or twice, or thrice) a day while day dreaming that she's the rich daughter of the PM by the "helpers" in her humongous mansion, eh?

so, point being, it stuck. so missailing it is!

this being the first ever post on missailing, it has to be something big huh? *stress*


so let me talk about September.
I was born in the month of September (well duhh obviously, that's why im blogging about this, heheh.) and i was always kindof surprised to find out that there are apparently quite alot of people i know who have September birthdays too!

that is, until i came across this chart in Facebook, titled "most common birthdays".


and i STILL couldn't figure it out until my dude pointed it out (very clearly, sometimes i MAYY be blur) that the reason being was to deduct 9 months out of September.

that's like my thought process...9+9-9-9=whaaaaat??!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. "Some peoples" were very busy in the month of December...owh let me rephrase. Alot of "Some peoples" were very busy in the month of December.


owh well. i guess it IS understandable...holidays, Christmas, New Year's eve, New Year's Day itself...so many holidays, so much free time, nothing to do...so i guess the "let's salsa" signal must have been given from one parent to the other.

Dad: (raise right eyebrow once, left one twice, and right side once more) oh wait...was it once ONCE twice, or was it twice once twice???! uuurgh must get honey to change the signals, this is too confusing for me.

Mom: oh no there he goes again doing the weird eye thing. why can't he EVER get it in his thick-headed skull that it's twice, twice, ONCE??! sighh, well it IS christmas, the season of giving. let's get it over with then. (shoos the kids to bed)



and therefore, after alot of booze to smother the hesitance we, the September kids, were born.
i think i prefer to think of myself as a New Year Baby, sounds nice eh?

yes i know, not as romantic or as charming as how we would love to have started off but hey, you get what you get!


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment